This is a key support role with specific responsibility for building management and housekeeping.
The post-holder will support the Operations Manager by ensuring clients are receiving a first class service through the preparation, maintenance and presentation of the buildings and through maintaining and improving service standards. This will involve supervising staff but also working hands on moving equipment and furniture; cleaning, decorating; etc.
At an operational level, the post-holder will work as part of the duty management team, and help ensure that our Canary Wharf venue operates effectively at all times.
The post-holder may from time to time be required to undertake similar activities at other CCT Venues locations.
Experience & Skill Requirements
This post requires an efficient and confident team player with a passion for customer service and with a strong track record in a client facing environment.
The post holder must be able to deal effectively with people at all levels and must possess excellent communication skills. Good English Language skills, a good general education and basic word processing and spreadsheet skills are essential.
Experience in a supervisory role is highly desirable as is a positive attitude to sales. Previous experience in the hospitality industry is desirable.
- To ensure that all rooms are set up for the following days’ events and show rounds in accordance with rotas and job sheets & assist as required. This will include manual handling of chairs, tables and equipment (trollies are provided)
- To manage the housekeeping teams (cleaners/room setters), ensuring that the building is always well presented and clean and that rooms are set up in advance with the correct configuration of furniture and equipment
- To support the Operations Manager in carrying out specific duties relating to Health and Safety at work through training of staff and upkeep of records and risk assessments in the following areas: managing fire safety procedures, hazard spotting, COSHH, manual handling and any other areas as reasonably required
- To manage the maintenance schedules at the Canary Wharf venue, undertaking basic tasks as required, e.g. changing light bulbs; occasional decorating; putting up shelves etc
- To ensure there is a high standard of cleanliness always maintained across the venue
- To ensure that all equipment and furniture is asset tagged
- To ensure that all necessary electrical testing is undertaken
- Any other reasonable duties as required.
Remuneration and Benefits
- Salary £18,000 to £20,000 per annum (dependent on skills and experience)
- Participation in the company wide staff bonus scheme
- Participation in the Company Pension Scheme (NEST)
- Complimentary refreshments and lunch
- Upon completion of probationary period, participation in the employee assistance scheme (BHSF)
- Four times salary Term Assurance is offered to all employees who have completed their probation
- 22 days annual leave, (rising annually by 1 day to a maximum of 24 days), usually at least five days to be taken in August. A discretionary extra 3 days for Christmas closure is usually awarded annually company wide, plus Bank Holidays.
Monday to Friday 40 hours per week excluding breaks, worked on a rota basis. Hours will usually be between 12:00-21:00 but may fall outside this period to support client events. Occasional weekend work may also be required.
To apply, please submit your CV and cover letter to email@example.com
Please no agencies